Virtual Learning Option for 2020-2021
Mingo County School District's 2020-2021 Virtual Learning Option
Mingo County Schools is currently developing re-entry plans for the 2020-2021 academic year for our students and staff. Parents will have the option for their children to attend class in person or virtually. The first day for students will be September 8, 2020.
A full virtual learning option for the upcoming 2020-2021 academic year will be offered for those who do not wish to return to the regular classroom this fall. The virtual option is free to all Mingo County students in grades K – 12. Students will be instructed using a curriculum designed for virtual school, which addresses the same learning standards taught in the regular classroom, but incorporates activitities designed for virtual learning. The curriculum will be facilitated and taught by Mingo County certified teachers. Students will be expected to follow a special daily schedule. Students who enroll in the Virtual Learning Option must remain a virtual student for at least a semester. Transfers back to the in-person environment will take place only at the beginning of the semester.
• Home Internet Access*
• Home phone or mobile phone
• Student must remain a virtual student for an entire semester. Transfers back to the brick and mortar school can occur only at the start of a semester.
*The District will provide the approved device for virtual learning.
Each student agrees to the following:
• Abide by all Mingo County School rules in regard to behavior, conduct, and attendance.
• Failure to log into your account and complete assignments may result in withdrawal from the virtual program.
• Respond to the VIRTUAL Online Teachers and school contacts when requested.
• Take all state or county assessments for assigned grade level/course.
• Complete all courses with passing grades by course end date.
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE END OF BUSINESS, AUGUST 14, 2020, FOR THE ACCEPTED STUDENT TO BEGIN CLASS SEPTEMBER 8.
A separate application must be completed for each student.